In the news – Barracuda’s News Product Launch
Barracuda’s new product launch announcements include:
- Barracuda Backup
- Barracuda CudaDrive
- Barracuda Web Application Firewall
- Barracuda Load Balancer ADC
Announcing the new Barracuda Backup 6.1 and Cloud-to-Cloud Backup for Office 365
With Physical-to-Virtual (P2V) Restores, the latest version of Barracuda Backup allows to restore physical server backups from Windows Server 2008 or later into vSphere and Hyper-V virtual environments in a single pass. If required Barracuda Backup 6.1 also supports the export of backup data to external media like external disks, tape drives, autoloaders and robotic libraries.
While SaaS is a great option for companies wanting highly scalable and redundant architectures to mitigate natural and mechanical failures, there are inherent risks associated with cloud-hosted data. Human-caused data loss – be it intentional or accidental still exists as data can still be permanently deleted from cloud applications. Barracuda Cloud-to-Cloud Backup for Microsoft Office 365 protects Exchange Online mailboxes and OneDrive for Business files and folders from data loss and accidental deletion.
- Supports Physical-to-Virtual (P2V) Restores
- Supports Export to External Media
- Cloud-to-Cloud Backup Service for Office 365
Announcing the new Barracuda Web Application Firewall 8.0
Streamlined centralised management across clusters and data centres. The latest version of Barracuda Web Application Firewall is designed to work with the latest enhancements to the Barracuda Control Server, available for on-premises deployments as a virtual appliance. The Barracuda Control Server provides a scalable, centralised console for unified management, control and visibility across multiple Barracuda appliances and virtual appliances.
In addition to application security, the Barracuda Web Application Firewall provides a front end for access control to web applications, including single-sign on and multi-factor authentication. Last October, Barracuda announced the ability for the Barracuda Web Application to federate identify with Microsoft Azure AD, an SAML-based identity provider.
Changes in web programming techniques used in cloud, SaaS, and mobile applications continue to challenge traditional service-oriented architecture (SOA) gateways and intrusion detection systems (IDS). In particular increased use of JSON and REST based technology has changed both the usage and interaction over customarily used Hyper Text Transfer Protocol (HTTP) transactions. The latest version of Barracuda Web Application Firewall enhances its ability to secure JSON payloads, to provide comprehensive security for REST APIs and dynamic web applications.
- Supports for the latest enhancements to Barracuda Control Servier
- Enhanced support for SAMLv2 access control
- Enhanced JSON payload inspection
Announcing the new Barrcuda CudaDrive – the new, secure Cloud File Service from Barracuda
CudaDrive is a flexible and secure cloud file service for businesses. Delivered to desktops via virtual drive, as well as via mobile and web applications. CudaDrive enables businesses to securely store, share, and access files stored in the Barracuda Cloud from anywhere. CudaDrive also includes user data protection for endpoints, and the option to add an on-premises CudaDrive Site Server, allowing for intelligent bandwidth management for businesses. Additionally, the desktiop virtual drive feature helps preserve valuable storage space by not requiring that a file be synced locally to access it.
CudaDrive is Barrcuda’s next-generation cloud file services platform, and is an evolution of Copy, the company’s legacy file sync and share service. Existing Copy for Companies customers will be migrated to CudaDrive.
- User Data Protection for individual computers and mobile devices
- Virtual Drive minimizing local storage requirements
- Enhanced Security with 256-bit AES encryption for all data in transit to, and at rest in the Barracuda Cloud
Announcing the new Barracuda Load Balancer ADC
Barracuda is increasing the capacity and performance of its Load Balancer ADC models without increasing prices. We are doubling the port capacity of the Load Balancer ADC models 340, 440 and 40 to help cost-c0nscious organizations deploy hardware-based server load balancing to their critical internal IT and customer facing applications. Additionally, Barracuda Load Balancer ADC model 840 includes hardware-based SSL acceleration to support higher transactions per second for high performace web application security and SSL offloading
- Throughput – Increased throughput on model 340 from 1 Gbps to 1.2 Gbps. Doubled throughput on model 440 from 1 Gbps to 2 Gbps and on model 540 from 2 Gbps to 4 Gbps
- Networking Ports – Doubled number of 1 GbE networking ports on models 340 and 440 from 2 ports to 4 ports, and 40 from 4 ports to 8 ports
- Hardware-based SSL Acceleration – Increased performance of enforcing web application security for SSL encrypted web transactions and offloading SSL operations friom backend application servers on Model 840